We want you to get the most out of your photo session.
The week or two prior to your session is extremely important and can effect the out come greatly.
About two weeks before your session:
– Consult with your photographer about wardrobe ideas and what type of session you want.
– Moisturize daily, the camera picks up dry skin
– Drink lots of water, this will also help cleanse your body and hydrate the skin.
– Take care of breakouts and blemishes by avoiding sweets, greasy foods and alcohol. Proactive and Neutrogena are also helpful.
– Get some sun carefully, don’t spray tan or use cream as you will look like a tangerine. None of it works, the closest I have found is Aveda Sun spot and going to a professional spray booth, but still risky.
One week before:
– AVOID alcohol, please. It causes unwanted bloating and swelling of the face and eyes as well as skin blotchiness and breakouts.
– Get your hair cut and colored, don’t wait until the last minute.
– Find those perfect dresses! The more you put it the more you will get out. Don’t want to spend a lot? Rent it! Beg, borrow and steal or Rent the runway are awesome places to rent designer dresses and gowns. Rent the Runway is my favorite. When you sign up you get $25 off your first rental, check with the company for restrictions and policies.
– Meet with photographer to go over wardrobe and session.
3 days before:
– Makes sure your wardrobe is complete.
– Get nails done, chipped nail polish does not make for good images.
– Ask your photographer any last minute questions.
Day of session:
– Arrive makeup free and with dry clean hair.
– Relax and enjoy yourself. It is all about you!
-Sheila Broderick Photography & Staff.